Dynamic 45 employee CPA and Consulting firm in Woburn is adding to their team due to growth.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining client relationships.
• Responsible for engagement planning, organization, and delegation to maximize efficiency, achieve quality goals, maintain productivity, and maximize realization.
• Hold team members accountable for achieving engagement goals.
• Develop outside relationships with a goal of fostering long-term business development opportunities (through involvement in leadership roles with and in professional groups, community service, and personal relationships).
• Sophisticated knowledge of domestic and international tax planning
• Responsible for issuance of tax returns, ultimately ensuring compliance with professional standards and Firm policies.
• Assist with the preparation of federal and state income tax provisions
• Oversee the recognition and disclosure of uncertain tax positions,
• Responsible for certain business aspects of client relationships including billing, collecting and maintaining profitability of the team.
• Focus on one or more areas of industry specialization, with a large percentage of client service towards clients covered by this specialization and provide executive level guidance and consultation to the client.
• Educate and train staff and assist in the growth and development of the Firm’s professional team members.
Requirements & Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following basic qualifications:
• Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and
written communication skills.
• Strong experience in staff and tax management.
• Strong leadership, training, and mentoring skills.
• Ability to thrive in a dynamic team environment
• Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
• Highly motivated self starter with ability to multitask and complete assignments within time constraints and deadlines.
• Dedicated to superior client service.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• 7+ years of relevant tax experience at a public accounting firm.
• Broad exposure to federal income taxation (domestic and international).
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software programs.
• Experience with ProSystem fx Tax and Engagement, and RIA Checkpoint.
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to participate successfully in a sales-based culture with a commitment to expand the tax practice.
Education and Licenses:
• Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field.
• Advanced degree in tax or law is highly desirable.
• CPA certification (active).