Join the industry leader! KAG is North America's largest independent fuels delivery and bulk liquids carrier. At KAG, we pride ourselves on providing the safest and highest quality service to our customers by delivering every load on time, without incident. If you want to contribute to KAG's excellent tradition of innovation and leadership in the logistics and transportation industry, we invite you to apply! Our team members help us achieve our Vision of revolutionizing transportation and logistics within the liquid bulk industry through our national scale, advanced technology and an uncompromising commitment to be the employer of choice.
The Staff Accountant I assists the Division Controller with the preparation of the financial statements of the business unit. Duties also include assistance with other various projects within the finance/accounting organization including annual audit preparations and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and allocations
- Meet corporate monthly closing deadlines
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts monthly and prepare workpapers to support those balances
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual audit schedules
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Research items requested by senior financial or operations management.
- Bachelor's in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply accounting theory
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong organization skills
- Resistance to stress
- Strong PC skills (MS Office, advanced Excel, Oracle, SAP, TMW, TMT, and other financial and accounting software)
KAG offers an excellent compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and 401k, as well as an onsite gym, cafeteria and coffee bar.
Kenan Advantage Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. No person will be discriminated against in any aspect of their employment on the basis of any status or characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.