Morrison & Foerster LLP, an Am Law 50 law firm with 16 offices worldwide, has an opening for a Staff Accountant within our Finance Department in our San Francisco office.
The Staff Accountant performs various activities associated with maintaining general ledger accounts. Prepares detailed reconciliations for domestic and international bank accounts as well as other assets and liabilities. Maintains the Firm's Fixed Assets System. Prepares and provides information for accounting reports and period-end close. Ensures best practice in accounting and procedures, maintenance of fiscal records, and account analysis and reconciliations.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration desirable.
- Three to five years of financial accounting and general ledger experience.
- Direct experience in general ledger account and bank reconciliations and analyses, variance analyses, maintaining and analyzing accounting ledgers with multiple entities, the month-end journal entry process, and financial reporting.
- Direct experience in maintaining all aspects of Fixed Assets reporting; Experience with Sage FAS highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in preparing detailed accounting schedules in Excel.
- Legal or professional services background with international exposure preferred.
- Direct experience with Elite software preferred.
Who We Are
At Morrison & Foerster, our culture is defined by our deeds. We're passionate about what we do. We're equally passionate about how we do it. We resist hierarchies and operate within a model of respect - for our colleagues, their ideas, and the differences that make us stronger. We encourage you to learn more about who we are, and what we do .
Should you find you're ready to do the best work of your life, we encourage you to let us know!
Morrison & Foerster is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, domestic partner status, and other categories protected by applicable laws, or in retaliation for opposition to any practices forbidden under this policy.