South Florida based, publicly traded organization led by excellent leaders is looking to bring on board sharp a Sr. Internal Auditor to join their growing firm. The leaders are big believers in mentoring new hires and leading them into the right track for success. They have a great culture and offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package. The roles can be based out of their Jacksonville, Deerfield or Miami locations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducting financial, operational and internal control (Sarbanes-Oxley) audits
- Internal Controls - Assess the adequacy in the design of the company’s internal controls and test the existence of these controls in the following areas: Order to Cash Cycle (Revenue, Shipping, Invoicing & Customer Payments); Purchase to Pay Cycle (Purchasing, Receiving & Vendor Payments); Financial Reporting, Human Resources, Inventory, Fixed Assets; Taxes, Selling & Marketing and Manage Risk (Investments and Financial Commitments)
- Financial – Audit subsidiary financial results each quarter to ensure financial statements are prepared and presented consistent with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and are free from material error
- Operational – perform risk based audits of subsidiary HQ and store locations to improve operational efficiency, effectiveness, and/or profitability
- Maintaining detailed audit work papers to support all audit findings and recommendations
- Managing multiple tasks within a deadline oriented environment
- Reporting audit findings and recommendations to the Vice President of Internal Audit and various levels of management
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- A strong technical knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and Sarbanes Oxley/Internal Controls.
- An extensive understanding of the key processes within all functional areas of an organization (ex: purchasing, marketing, human resources, etc)
- A degree in accounting
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products, (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- CIA and/or CPA certifications preferred but not required
- Willingness to travel (approximately 40% or less) throughout United States
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation levels are competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits are generous and include Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance, as well as a 401K plan and an employee stock purchase plan.