Senior Internal Auditor (Miami)
Large publicly traded industry leader in Miami is looking for a Senior Internal Auditor to join their team. This role will require up to 40% of domestic travel around the US locations.
- Perform operational, shipboard, financial and compliance audits and develops recommendations for improvement.
- Independently develop audit programs, evaluate controls, document audit results, make recommendations, and communicate findings to Internal Audit and senior management.
- Prepare and present comprehensive well-written reports on the results of audits and special projects to Internal Audit and senior management.
- Present and communicate issues in a clear, concise and effective manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Maintain internal control programs and documentation based on requirements under SOX for manual controls.
- Assist in the Company's Enterprise Risk Management initiatives, including: assessing risks; identifying current and planned mitigation strategies; evaluating effectiveness of management action plans, and reporting findings to the ERM Steering Committee and Audit Committee.
- Provide support to internal and external audit teams as required.
- Maintain or acquire sufficient knowledge of authoritative and regulatory issues governing accounting, auditing, maritime matters or other fields as required to complete audit assignments.
- Perform special projects and hotline investigations as requested by management.
- Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA, CIA, CCSA, CISA, or CFE +
- 3-5 years of accounting/operational auditing experience within public accounting or large publicly traded company required
- SOX experience highly desirable