Sr. Manager, Financial Reporting - Hollywood, FL
Perform functions to manage the Financial reporting process and operations for local and satellite offices within an assigned region. Direct and oversee the processes associated with the financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with Accounting Leadership in the development of the department goals. Ensure that the goals and needs of the department, company and its customers are consistently met.
- Ensure deadlines are achieved in a timely manner by prioritizing and delegating workload as necessary.
- Oversee the processes associated with the financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Assist the Financial Reporting leadership in the development and implementation of best practices and processes.
- Maintain and ensure that all Standard Operating Schedules are current and adhered.
- Provide leadership and direction to Financial Reporting leaders by assisting in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
- Provide guidance and support to the department staff in the daily functions of the team in complex situations to maintain the standards of excellence for processes, methods and personnel.
- Collaborate with necessary stakeholders to ensure clients' needs are satisfied by providing solutions to ensure client retention.
- Maintain awareness of changes in rules, statutes or regulations and communicate changes to staff. Direct training of staff when new procedures are required to comply with changes.
- Direct management of staff, such as new hires, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures. Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned unit and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Identify possible issues, inconsistencies and suggest appropriate corrective procedures.
- Participate in the implementations, testing, and troubleshooting of accounting systems.
- Assist Financial Reporting Leadership with related projects, presentations, reports or assignments as requested.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Public accounting experience or combination of public/private industry exp
- three+ years supervisory experience
- CPA +