Senior Accountant is an individual contributor role within Revenue Accounting, primarily responsible for ensuring sales and dealer incentives are properly accounted for under US GAAP and IFRS. This position reports to the Manager, Revenue Accounting. The ideal candidate should have a strong foundation in general accounting and a strong analytical and problem solving ability. This role also participates in the implementation of accounting requirements related to new business or promotional activities and the implementation of the new revenue recognition standard. This position will have frequent interactions with cross-functional teams within the greater Accounting department as well as outside of Accounting; including Marketing, Operations, EIT, Financial Reporting and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- Ensure accounting records, monthly accounting close activities, and variance analysis are properly prepared, maintained and explained in a timely manner.
- Possess deep understanding of the transactional flow through various systems to monitor and ensure accurate financial results and controls.
- Accountable for identifying and communicating risks and issues impacting financial area of responsibility.
- Serve as subject matter expert for financial area of responsibility in interactions with business partners.
- Maintain knowledge of current accounting standards and reporting requirements to ensure proper application in close and reporting process.
- Design and produce supporting schedules and analysis to explain financial results and variances.
Qualifications :Knowledge & Technical Skills
- High proficiency in Excel and Word required. Blackline, Business Objects or PowerPoint a plus.
- Strong understanding of accounting theory and accounting systems; SAP experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, decision-making and analytical abilities.
- Ability to resolve complex problems positively and professionally with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with peers and team members to gain cooperation amongst the teams to meet objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience or 3+ years Big 4 public accounting experience.
- Public accounting and/or retail or financial services industry accounting experience preferred.