Immediate opening for an experienced SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
in the Dallas corporate office of a growing private commercial real estate investor/developer. This position will assist with the accounting and preparation of financial reporting for a portfolio of commercial investment properties. This position reports directly to the Assistant Controller and works closely with asset/property managers, lenders and other third-party accountants. Dallas area applicants only. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Oversee day-to-day accounting operations of commercial property buildings.
- Prepare bank reconciliations, record journal entries, and reconcile general ledger accounts.
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements for portfolio of industrial properties.
- Assist in preparing annual budgets for certain investment properties and reviewing budgets prepared by third parties.
- Compile financial work-papers for audits/reviews/tax return preparation.
- Work to ensure all reports/documents are forwarded to auditors.
- Process accounts receivable and review accounts payable for each respective property within portfolio.
- Assist property managers with tenant ledger analysis and any resulting charge adjustments.
- Process cash receipts daily and apply to tenant ledgers
- Ensure that all property and tenant lease information is accurate and up to date.
- Performs annual CAM reconciliations and assembles necessary support to provide to both tenant and auditors.
- Preparation of depreciation and amortization schedules and monthly recording of expense.
- Assist in preparation of monthly partner distribution calculations.
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis as assigned