The incumbent is responsible for managing daily payroll department operations and payroll processing and maintaining knowledge and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local payroll legislation and labor laws.
The incumbent is responsible for:
- Managing daily payroll department operations and payroll processing
- Ensure compliance with company procedures and policies as well as all state and federal agencies
- Managing and guaranteeing regular disbursement of paychecks and electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Maintaining knowledge and ensuring compliance with all federal, state and local payroll legislation and labor laws.
- Monitoring and processing quarterly and year end processes (e.g. W2 processing and 1095-C)
- Extensive knowledge in payroll processing, tips, commissions, bonus pays, weighted average overtime pay, error correction, timekeeping, tax maintenance and PTO accruals.
- Ensuring compliance with collective bargaining agreements for 3 unions, including Teamsters union.
- Ensuring accurate computation of pay in accordance with company policy and government regulations for exempt, non-exempt and union work force.
- Reconciling payroll prior to transmission and validating confirmed reports.
- Preparing manual checks.
- Ensuring processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations.
- Ensuring payroll system is maintained and updated to reflect current employee base information, including wages and benefits.
- Maintaining the integrity of the data in the payroll system through review and updating of payroll profiles.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Responsible for Payroll audits to ensure compliance with laws and governmental agencies.
- Assure retirement plan data submitted is in accordance with the plan requirements.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year-end reports.
- Processing and distributing W-2’s annually.
- Coordinating audits for Form 5500 filing.
- Ability to work with highly diverse workforce.
- Ability to work with the fluctuations of a seasonal business environment with 350 year round employees up to 800 during high season.
- Provide customer service to employee population regarding payroll concerns.
- Previous experience managing and leading staff to excellent performance
- Previous experience processing every step (full cycle) of the payroll process
- 5-7 years’ experience managing a complex, multi-location payroll for 350+ employees for non-exempt, exempt, and union population
- Economics and Accounting – Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, banking and the analysis and reporting of financial data
- Law and Government – Knowledge of state and federal laws, legal codes and government regulations
- Administration and Management – Knowledge of business and management principles, resource allocation and coordination of people and resources
- Mathematics – Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Payroll system experience with Paycom and with ADP
- Previous experience implementing a new or updated payroll system highly preferred
- Plan, direct, supervise and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations and employee relations
- Computer savvy – Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills along with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and juggle a wide range of projects with ease
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize assignments appropriately with strong organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information required
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field preferred
- CPP Certification preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision 401K with dollar per dollar match up to 6 percent, vacation, sick and personal days.
Job Type: Full-time