Post A Job
Jobs By Company
Keyword or Job ID
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Opportunity at
Posted on Jan 5
Senior Financial Analyst II
Foster City, CA
Our client, a leading F100 biotech company with an impressive track record of success, is seeking a Sr. Financial Analyst to join their R&D finance team. R&D/biopharma background is preferred. This socially responsible company offers a highly competitive compensation package.
This R&D FP&A role provides operational support to the DevOps Functional leaders. In addition, this individual will be responsible for monitoring the functional units’ progress against their plan and forecast (Latest Estimate). The role also helps to develop appropriate interventions with the R&D functional leadership team to ensure the financial plan remains on track.
• Provides ongoing analytical support to management including preparing budgets and forecasts. Particularly the role provides the infrastructure of robust reporting templates to be used for different functions and consolidation efforts.
• Conducts monthly reporting and variance analysis (BvA) and maintains a consistent internal reporting structure within Hyperion (ESSBASE) and other reporting environments.
• Supports the R&D FP&A group in development and maintenance of financial reports.
• Provides input for continuous improvement in support of forecast cycles and monthly close.
• Perform ad-hoc business analysis and preparation of documentations in support of R&D Leadership.
• Responsible for month-end close activity involving accruals and other journal entries.
• Responsible for Annual Plan (Budget) and Latest Estimate (LE) processes: Proactive involvement in the budgeting and planning process for capital spend, headcount and OPEX planning, and for implementing appropriate review processes.
• Collaborates with other FP&A functions to ensure alignment of information, and completeness and timeliness of submissions.
• Works closely with finance management to develop more integrated planning processes and systems.
• Provide financial analysis to support tactical and strategic decision making - e.g. input to business cases, cost analysis, what if scenarios, etc.
BS and 7+yrs related experience
Systems knowledge – (ideally Oracle/Hyperion Essbase, WorkDay, Tableau, OBIEE and proficient in Excel)
Working knowledge with close activities and consolidations
Forecasting experience, particularly HC and Opex
Nice to have skills:
MBA/CPA is a plus
Terms of Usage
AccountingProfessional.com is owned, operated, and copyrighted by Career Marketplace (© 2002-2019, All Rights Reserved)