The Senior Audit Data and Reporting Analyst role is a newly created position that will help the Internal Audit Department (IAD) become more data driven in the delivery of its services.
The Senior Analyst will write complex programs and ad hoc queries by utilizing enterprise data to fulfill audit data analysis requirements.
A list of roles and responsibilities for Senior Audit Data Analyst and Reporting are included below. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain Internal Audit’s Data Analytics Methodology
- Develop the framework and procedures of the department’s data analytics
- Maintain and execute the inventory of data analytics routines for continuous monitoring of other defined activities
- Participate in the planning of audits and provide support to Internal Auditors in the execution of audits requiring data analytics.
- Provide support to model risk management and validation review activities conducted by the IAD. Prepare clear and concise workpapers documenting the data analytics supporting audit procedures
- Discuss results from the data analytics with the audit team and business line stakeholders
- Maintains positive team relationship by demonstrating and supporting initiative, willingness to learn, flexibility, respect, cooperation and commitment to the success of the internal audit process
- Ensure department team members are aware of the data analytics framework and its application and relevance to their audit projects
- Conducts training sessions to audit team members on tools and data sources used to perform data analytic routines
- Acts as the liaison between the Internal Audit and IT Departments.
- Knowledge of data analytics practices and concepts (for example: CAAT, trend analysis, data visualization, reasonability analysis, and regression analysis)
- BS/BA degree in Accounting, Business Administration, IS/IT, or related field
- 3-6 years related experience in banking and/or in a data analytics role
- Preferred professional designations include CIA, CPA, CISA or similar
- Experience developing data analysis routines and documenting data extraction, transformation, and loading processes