Institute for Building Technology and Safety
Job ID 2018-1540
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-VA-Ashburn
Posted Date 8/8/2018
This position will perform Accounts Payable functions. The Senior Accounts Payable Specialist will be primarily responsible for processing invoices and expenses into an automated accounting system, issuing payments, and responding to vendor and employee inquiries.
In coordination with the Assistant Controller, the incumbent will perform the following responsibilities:
- Review invoices and expenses and their related supporting documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Code and date-stamp invoices and expenses, based on type of expenses.
- Enter invoices and expenses into workflow for review and approval.
- Prepare a complete Accounts Payable Package for processing weekly payments, including issuing checks and creating EFT files.
- Mail checks and EFT advices.
- Scan invoices and expenses.
- File invoices and expenses, which may include lifting as much as 20 lbs.
- Respond to payment inquiries from vendors.
- Create AP History Reports as needed.
- Prepare for/help coordinate Year-End closing activities.
- Work overtime if required at month end and year-end close.
- Assist with other general accounting related responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of senior-level experience in financial accounting in a Government contracting environment.
- Demonstrated ability to use large-scale automated accounting systems; knowledge of CostPoint strongly preferred
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure; organize and set priorities; meet deadlines; and successfully and effectively handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee must be mobile in an office environment; able to use standard office equipment; and able to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment with exposure to a minimal noise level.
Bring your passion, expertise, and experience to IBTS, where we appreciate and are committed to our employees. We offer outstanding benefits, growth opportunities, and work hard to maintain a culture that values our employees.
The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) is a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization established to provide unbiased professional building code compliance services, while enhancing the communities in which we work. At IBTS, our mission is to deliver quality services to meet the challenges of governance at all levels while enhancing public safety, economic development, and the general welfare of the community. Our services include Building and Community Development, Energy and Sustainability Services, Disaster Planning and Recovery, Quality Assurance, as well as Compliance and Risk Monitoring.
IBTS is headquartered in Ashburn, VA, with additional offices in Louisiana, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington, DC.
We are committed to building a community of experts with diverse backgrounds, disciplines, and perspectives who are passionate about our mission. IBTS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. This opportunity is open to Section S3 Residents.
Explore the opportunities!