Reporting to the North American Controller, you will work with a collaborative global finance team to prepare worldwide financial reporting, analysis and systems support. You will become a trusted partner to the organization, working with a talented finance and systems team to perform a broad range of responsibilities, demonstrating judgement, professionalism and attention to detail, while partnering with others to align the close process globally, analyze financial information and assist with the creation of the annual expense plan.
The role requires a solid understanding of US GAAP, experience with process improvement and project management, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. You will have the opportunity to represent the finance department, interacting cross-functionally with various departments.
- Develop a partnership with key stakeholders across the organization to collect quality information during the month-end closing process to support the preparation of reporting packages to executive management and the global consolidation for 15 entities. Drive improvements to the reporting processes to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Responsibility to think globally, working with international teams to gain a deep understanding of the operations within the field office while providing training, assistance and support for the monthly closing process.
- Working jointly with management and functional experts to understand cost drivers and provide detailed feedback and recommendations to management to support decision making. Create meaningful and accurate financial analysis.
- Gain hands on experience with process improvement principles by proactively identifying and driving opportunities for longer term efficiencies and more effective work-flow strategies related to the worldwide close and reporting process.
- Be the ‘go-to’ person for general ledger and reporting within Oracle. As part of this role, leverage US & international staff to perform business process analysis, document current and future states and recommend improvements to systems and process globally.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience) is required.
- Visa sponsorship will not be provided for this position.
- Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer without restriction.
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP
- A progressive work history in areas of accounting, planning and systems
- A CPA/Chartered Accountancy recognition would be a strong advantage
- Ability to travel up to 15% including international