The Center for Democracy & Technology (CDT) is seeking an experienced accounting professional to manage the financial portfolio and operations of the organization.
CDT is a leading nonprofit public interest organization, working at the cutting edge of digital rights policy. With expertise in law, technology, and policy, CDT engages in a variety of strategies to enhance free expression and privacy, including advocacy, public education, and research. CDT works on legislation, participates in agency rule-makings, engages in litigation, and fosters consensus-building among public interest and private sector stakeholders. For more information, please visit our About page.
The responsibilities of the Senior Accountant or Controller include:
- All aspects of general accounting, including invoicing, expenses, check preparation, and payables reporting for nonprofit 501c3 organization
- Financial reporting, including month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP and compliance to internal policies
- Internal and external audits management
- Administering and processing employee payroll and 403(b) retirement plan
- Administering and processing Flexible Spending Accounts and other benefits
- Prepare and distribute 1099s to vendors
- Manage compliance filings as required
- Supporting senior staff, Board of Directors, and Board finance committee and finance chair in financial oversight of the organization
- Perform other such accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time by COO, President & CEO, or Board of Directors.
This position is designed for candidates with relevant accounting experience. An ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum five to seven years’ experience working with nonprofit organizations
- MS Excel expertise
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent professional judgment
Salary is commensurate with experience and is competitive with public interest and government pay scales. CDT provides a generous benefits package that includes health care and dental coverage, a retirement plan, paid vacation, sick days, and parental leave.
Please send a cover letter and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: Open until filled.
The Center for Democracy & Technology is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion, or physical ability.