established Life sciences company on the cusp of significant growth through commercialization of their product is adding to their small accounting & finance team.
You will get exposure to all aspects of a commercial life sciences company were R&D and Manufacturing are on site.
exciting time for the future of this company is now! come join them.
The Senior Accountant will report to and work closely with the Corporate Controller to prepare, review and deliver timely and accurate financial and operating information to the company leaders on a recurring basis.
- Responsible for assisting with the monthly close process.
- Prepare journal entries.
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure proper financial statement classification of transactions according to GAAP.
- Perform statistical analysis to determine trends.
- Prepare ad hoc queries and reports.
- Research and respond to departmental managers inquires.
- Responsible for assisting with accounts payable, payroll processing, fixed assets, when needed.
- Assist in gathering data for corporate tax return.
- Support miscellaneous financial projects such as financial analysis, budgeting, internal controls, documentation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the mentoring and training of other team members.
- Assist with process improvements and system upgrades
- Bachelor’s Degree (Accounting major required).
- 5+ years of accounting/finance experience
- Bio-Pharma industry experience is a plus
- Knowledge or experience with Syteline (ERP), Solium (equity) or Concur are all pluses
- Significant experience in preparing and analyzing financial statements and budgets.
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment