Job Title: Senior Accountant
Reports To: Accounting Manager
We provide opportunities for people with disabilities to determine where and how they live, learn, work and play.
We acknowledge that cultural diversity and competency is a critical component of providing respectful and individualized quality service and supports.
Employees are required to provide services promoting independence; self-sufficiency and recovery; recognizes the worth, dignity and rights of all people.
Employees are expected to adhere to high ethical standards and are held accountable for their actions.
Summary of Position:
Coordinate and ensure consistent and quality accounting support services in accordance with the agency’s mission statement with an emphasis on maintaining the orderly functioning of accounting and finance support services. Ensure all annual external audit schedules are prepared accurately in a timely manner. Ensure daily cash balances are tracked and reported with cash reports submitted weekly. Maintain appropriate detail of all entries. Ensure all internal control steps are completed each month in a timely manner.
• Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with contract requirements, accreditation, licensing and monitoring standards, agency procedures, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed. Adhere to current training requirements and applicable accreditation and licensing/regulatory standards and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health (HITECH) requirements.
• Code certain incoming invoices and requests for checks.
• Prepare detailed deposit schedules for all cash and check receipts that are deposited into Partners in Recovery’s various checking and savings accounts.
• Ensure daily cash balances are tracked and reported with cash reports submitted weekly.
Senior Accountant Page 1 of 3 08/2017
• Maximize the amount of cash in interest earning accounts. Prepare and enter monthly journal entries and ensure that they are entered into the GP2015 system on a timely basis to ensure month end deadlines are met.
• Bank reconciliations completed on a timely basis.
• Ensure cash receipts are deposited in the bank within 24 hours of receipt.
• File all quarterly and annual federal and state reports accurately and on time without penalties. File monthly workers compensation reports on time.
• Ensure all audit schedules are completed by October 31st.
• Maintain fixed assets records.
• Maintain monthly detailed analyses for certain balance sheets and revenue and expense accounts. Provide the directors with subsequent actual expense details.
• Assist the directors with budget variance explanations and revised estimates of their current year expenses.
• Attend meetings as assigned and actively participate in internal and external committees, implement all approved policy changes as directed.
• Intermediate to advanced knowledge of GP modules, especially the General Ledger module, and knowledge of Excel and other accounting software.
• Visual and Auditory Acuity (if applicable)
• Finger Dexterity
• Maintain body equilibrium
Essential Mental Functions:
• Detail oriented
• Critical Thinking
• Judgment and Decision Making
• Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions
• Visual monitoring of work environment
• Ability to utilize crisis management
• Ability to assess behavioral situations
• Ability to use computers, scanners, copiers, fax machine, cell phones etc.
• Proficiency in computer usage: E-mail, Internet, Microsoft Office, and all other programs as required.
Health & Safety:
• Maintains a safe and hazard free work environment.
• Promptly reports to supervisor the malfunction of equipment or building.
• Rational decision making in emergency situations.
TITLE: Document subtitle
• Understands and follows health and safety procedures for co-workers within and outside of the work environment.
• Exhibits good driving habits.
• Excellent positive verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
• Active Listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking time to understand points being made.
• Organize data through the use of technical devices to exchange accurate and organized information.
• Work cooperatively with and contribute to effective teamwork.
• Dependable, reliable, exhibit role modeling and leadership as well as professional within the workplace and community at all times.
• To be results and people oriented with the ability to balance business considerations with service delivery intent.
• Use positive tone of voice with co-workers and individuals within and outside of company.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1. Requires any combination of training, education and experience equal to a Bachelor’s degree in accounting. College degree or course work preferred.
2. Two to five years of general ledger (through preparation of financial statements) accounting experience.
3. Public accounting experience or CPA license preferred.
4. Satisfactory work record as determined by the Human Resources Department.
5. Successful completion of our training program.
6. Ability to obtain and maintain Level One Fingerprint Clearance.
7. Successfully completes a pre-employment drug screening.
8. Ability to meet driver eligibility requirements, as applicable.
1. Accountable to the Accounting Manager for all phases of activities.
2. Advise, consult, and coordinate with applicable program staff.