Our key client, a large company in the Tri-Valley is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team.
You will be supporting the accounting and finance teams in the Corporate office
This is a Contract position and will end December 2017.
The International Senior Accountant is responsible for contributing to the successful completion of month end closes, monthly and annual financial reporting, audit-related and process improvement activities as well as ad hoc special projects as assigned.
- Drive month-end close activities and ensure compliance with monthly close calendar.
- Prepare month-end journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting schedules for assigned general ledger accounts in a thoughtful, easy to understand manner.
- Assist with monthly reporting by pulling monthly flux and management reports from FRx and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure integrity of the international financials at both the subsidiary and consolidated levels and ensure appropriate compliance in both the local currency books and US GAAP books.
- Work with third party accounting firms to ensure financials, reconciliations and schedules are recorded appropriately and timely.
- Analyze financial statements and review flux analysis received from subsidiaries to monitor expenses. Document the explanations in the flux report.
- Record intercompany transactions, intercompany eliminations and consolidations. Oversee intercompany process of assigned subsidiaries to ensure transactions are recorded on both sides, invoices are issued and settled timely in accordance with intercompany agreements, and accounts are reconciled.
- Apply combination of IFRS and U.S. GAAP knowledge in dealing with international accounting matters.
- Proactively identify issues and implement improvements to streamline accounting processes.
- Assist in annual audits (US GAAP and local statutory audits) and prepare audit schedules as necessary.
- Research accounting literature and draft technical memos to support accounting positions.
- Assist with accounting and integration of mergers and acquisitions as required.
- Complete special projects as required.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
Education and Years of Experience:
- BA or BS degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in a fast growing, dynamic, multinational environment.
Certifications, Licenses, Credentials: