My client has an immediate need for a Corporate Senior Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all accounting functions for several real estate fund entities. These responsibilities include maintaining and supporting the general ledger, reconciling cash monthly, recording and reconciling intercompany transactions, accruing and paying expenses, monthly financial reporting, and assist with recordation and processing of quarterly distributions to investors.
Headquartered in West Los Angeles, The organization, founded in 1991, owns, operates and manages properties with a combined portfolio value in excess of $5 billion in market value. The organization operates in 22 states nationally and has over 1,300 employees.
- Monthly accounting close process including recordation of monthly operational activity
- Monthly preparation of schedules to support the balance sheet and income recordation
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Record and amortize prepaid items such as insurance, loan fees and deferred income
- Record debt service monthly including principal amortization and interest expense
- Record monthly accrued liabilities
- Record management fee expense, asset management fees and other G&A expenses monthly
- Understand how to calculate preferred return
- Prepare, record and pay distributions to investors quarterly
- Maintain Yardi trail balances
- Monthly financial statement reporting for management and investors
- Understand investment accounting (Cost method, equity method and consolidation and the differences between the methods)
- Coordinate and prepare workpapers provided to auditors annually
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in accounting.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required
- 4+ years of experience in the accounting and finance with real estate experience, preferably multifamily properties
- Understand internal controls for real estate operations and accounting
- Understand accounting and reporting to investors in funds
- Knowledge of GAAP, modified cash basis and cash basis accounting
- Experience in both the private and public accounting sectors is preferred but not required
- Reading and interpreting partnership agreements, promotes/waterfalls, and debt agreements
- Credibility, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Confidentiality, understands the ethical standards of an accountant
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Accountable for specific performance and accurate.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Intuitive analytical skills to proactively address and identify accounting and operational issues
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate recommendations in a concise and timely manner
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, growth organization
- Prefer an understanding of multifamily real estate operations
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Strong work ethic. Ability and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Strong computer skills in the operation and functioning of all programs used by the organization, i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Quickbooks
- Yardi knowledge is preferred with exposure to the investor module a plus
- Work in a dynamic office setting
- Some evenings and occasional weekends
- No travel required
Please send resumes as word document attachments ONLY. Thank you.