GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this position is to support the CEO and the International Accounting department with all related accounting tasks. This includes communication of all accounting and oversight of the monthly accounting close cycle including the review of financial statements and data. Ensure transactions related to development projects, fixed assets, inventory, leases, subleases, revenue, payroll and cash are accounted for correctly. Monthly tasks include review of financial reports including variance notes for operations management and the CAO/CFO as it relates to the various region and country assignments. All these transactions will be completed in the various foreign currencies prior to conversion into USD. The local in-country accounting team is responsible to provide the data in US GAAP and any accounting standard variances are verified and tracked.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position
- Responsible for general ledger functions such as journal entry preparation, account analysis, account reconciliation and ad hoc schedules.
- Prepare & analyze financial statements including variance analysis, aging schedules and account reconciliations.
- Primary contact for international customers. Work with the local teams on accounting policy & procedures that satisfy US & foreign requirements.
- Training of foreign and US teammates as needed.
- Review & account for conversion of foreign currencies into other foreign currencies & USD.
- Assist with consolidation of international accounting books.
- Prepare communications such as memos, presentation charts and process documentation.
- Play a lead role with other departments to solve issues, establish policies and improve processes.
- BS degree in Accounting / Finance required
- Working knowledge of general ledger accounting functions
- Minimum of six years accounting experience required
- CPA/CMA license preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills required in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, WorD
- Second language REQUIRED – Spanish or Portuguese