EFFECTIVE DATE: December 1, 2017
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Provide primary accounting support for UC Libraries acquisitions and publishing functions. Audit accounts; analyze and prepare financial reports; serve as liaison with third-party vendors regarding account set-up, maintenance and problem resolution. Process payments, initiate deposits, track financial transactions in SAP, Sierra and other auxiliary systems. Assist in developing procedures to respond to changing operational needs while complying with university policy and procedures. Provide regular updates regarding the status of general and local fund balances. The person in this role must be customer focused, flexible and demonstrate the ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced environment.
RELATIONSHIP AND AUTHORITY: Reports to the Director of Business Affairs and receives general direction from the Financial Administrator to manage workflow and meet monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Monitor and analyze financial data in the creation of expense analysis and financial reports.
- Assist in development of the annual budget and provide supportive data.
- Prepare journal entries; reconcile and adjust assigned accounts; review entries and reconciliations for all general ledger accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are at proper balances, evaluate variances and take appropriate action to resolve discrepancies.
- Provide assistance and guidance to department faculty and staff regarding University of Cincinnati financial policies, best practices and help insure compliance with the same.
- Audit departmental expense records (e.g. acquisitions, bearcat card; UCIT charges; concur, peer review payments, author royalties, etc.) for accuracy. Identify and resolve discrepancies.
- Perform and assist in related duties and projects as assigned by department management.
- Bachelor’s degree with two (2) years’ experience; -OR- Associate’s degree with three (3) years’ experience; -OR- five (5) years’ experience. Degree must be in accounting or related field with accounting experience. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Working knowledge of SAP Financials and Business Warehouse Reporting
- Familiarity with Sierra Library System
- Effective oral and written communication
- Previous college/university experience
- Financial experience in the publishing industry a plus
Interested applicants, please visit: http://bit.ly/2AhlCy5
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / M / F / Veteran / Disabled.