LINK Recruiting Group, a specialized search and placement firm, is seeking a Payroll & AP Manager for a client located in Boulder, CO. Our client offers excellent benefits include work/life balance in a positive working environment. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, self-starter with a natural curiosity about how things work, who enjoys finding efficiencies and improvements in service to customers, and takes the initiative to assess the company’s needs and develop appropriate programs.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership and helps the CFO and Assistant Director of Finance set strategic direction of the Payroll and AP Department, and to implement the work plans of the Finance Department. Under general direction, is responsible for all aspects of payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, mailroom and related financial management. This includes day-to-day operations oversight, process reengineering, payroll tax, timekeeping, compliance with Federal and State payroll reporting, and support of HR Payroll related topics. Will perform various auditing processes to ensure compliance to payroll, wage and hour laws, and regulations, vendor management, and customer service. Responsible for leading, role modeling, and coaching staff and providing exemplary customer service to both internal and external customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develops and makes recommendations for policies and procedures, and enforces existing policies and procedures to ensure proper internal controls and efficient processes that emphasize data and procedural integrity, security, compliance and appropriate financial management
· Designs practices and procedures to increase operating efficiency, improve accuracy, expedite work flow and communication, and achieve collective bargaining strategies
· Determines daily and long-term priorities for the division and develops work plans and procedures
· Establishes and maintains record keeping and control systems to comply with legal, regulatory requirements that complies with retention requirements, provide internal safeguards, and respond to audit inquires and serves as lead contact for auditors
· Builds and maintains effective relationships with staff, vendors and other stakeholders in order to discuss and resolve issues/concerns, exchange information, and recommend changes to improve services
· Keeps abreast of changes in legislation and changes in regulatory requirements and serves as lead in communications and initiatives resulting from changes
· Utilizes in-depth knowledge of applicable payroll tax, reimbursement, garnishment and labor laws and regulations to establish and ensure compliance, and to resolve technical issues
· Communicates collaboratively to enforce adherence to legal requirements, company policies and practices, bargaining group contracts, and to advise management on needed actions
· Leads regular payroll meetings with payroll staff
· Directs time keeping processes to ensure time entered is accurate and that appropriate controls are in place
· Responsible for collaborating with other Human Resources (HR) staff and overseeing payroll staff portion of data entry of new hire information
· Oversees network of department payroll coordinators and keeps them informed and trained
· Maintains the company’s established payroll services: salary, deductions, taxes, reporting, financial system communications, time collection, and pay systems, including:
2. Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Mailroom.
· Produces and distributes vendor and payroll checks
· Supports the company’s purchasing card program
· Supports Finance’s portion of company’s travel program
· Provides training for accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Prepares and mails annual vendor 1099 forms
· Performs year-end search for unrecorded liabilities
3. Functional Analyst
· Serves as payroll, accounts payable, and accounts receivable expert for implementation projects, and on-going conversions and updates of payroll and payment information systems.
· Ensures that staff in the division are cross-trained and empowers staff to continually take on more responsibility
· Works with and mentors staff to ensure continual professional development and knowledge
· Maintains consistent, timely, and effective communication with staff to ensure the division’s objectives are being met
· Establishes staff work objectives, and develops staff to function independently while fostering a collaborative environment within the team and with other teams
· Recruits staff when necessary
· Trains staff members in payroll and payments techniques and methodologies; orients staff with appropriate laws, policies, regulations, and procedures, and ensures work conforms to standards, regulations, and laws
· Assigns and distributes work, reviews work for accuracy and completeness, and returns assignments with recommendations for proper completion
· Provides technical guidance and expertise to staff and assists with difficult and unusual payroll and payments issues
· Models performance and behavioral expectations
· Supports the payroll and payments team, as needed, to accomplish results.
· Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, public or business administration, computer services, or a related field.
· 5+ years of progressive experience providing payroll administration within a complex organization, including a minimum of two years of payroll lead or supervisory experience.
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) highly desirable.
· Intermediate-to-advance working knowledge of ERP systems, payroll software and HRIS database management
· Experience with maintaining, upgrading or replacing a human resource information system (HRIS)/payroll system.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of payroll administration; federal, state, and local procedures and laws/regulations pertaining to payroll systems and taxes; and payroll reporting procedures. Demonstrated proficiency in ensuring the company’s legal compliance in regards to pay programs.
· Work experience in an organization with bargaining units.
· Experience in administering employment processes and vendor management processes.
· Experience providing accounts payable and accounts receivable administration.
· Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of accounts payable and accounts receivable administration including all federal, state, and local procedures and laws/regulations pertaining to accounts payable and accounts receivable and 1099 filing.
· Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills, and the ability to follow through on projects.
· Ability to manage and coach a team.
· Strong work ethic and sense of urgency. Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others; is trustworthy.
· High attention to detail.
· Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills, and ability to design creative options to address needs.
· Effective interpersonal and communications skills, including the ability to work collaboratively as part of multiple work teams, inspire trust, relate easily to employees at all levels and explain complex issues in understandable terms, and work effectively with difficult people.
· Strong customer service skills including the ability to listen effectively to customers’ needs and inquiries in person, on the phone, and in writing, and make appropriate recommendations as a business partner or to resolve problems.
· Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed.
· Experience working for a complex public sector/government organization is a plus.
· Bilingual in Spanish and English is ideal
LINK Recruiting Group is a specialized search and placement firm dedicated to cultivating long-term relationships with Accounting, Finance and Administrative professionals in multiple industries. At LINK Recruiting Group we recognize the unique dynamic in matching a candidate to a company. We devote our time to identifying our client's needs and matching them with our candidate's goals. With over 20 years of recruiting experience, we know what works: gathering the facts, managing the process and delivering results.