The Payroll Accountant is an integral part of the company’s Finance and Operations Team and is responsible for the entire payroll cycle from payment calculation to tax filing. This position interfaces with all levels of Human Resources, Managers and Staff.
- Accurately process multi-state bi-weekly and bonus payrolls for 3000+ staff members including international monthly payrolls. Perform audits of data prior to settlement and follow all established process controls. Prepare on-demand checks and manual earnings adjustments as needed.
- Maintain documentation for existing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Complete post payroll audits and reporting, as well as coordinate vendor payments. Prepare metrics and track errors. Investigate the source of issues and improve processes to prevent in the future.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and related analyses.
- Prepare schedules and reconciliations for quarterly tax filings, annual 401k annual discretionary match, as well as Worker’s Compensation and 401k Plan audits. Issue annual W-2s.
- Stay current with payroll and tax laws and keep management abreast of any changes or updates.
- Assist in the configuration, release planning, and testing of Workday Payroll.
The candidate must prioritize to meet deadlines, be detail-oriented and accurate, as well as effectively communicate with various employees throughout the organization in the strictest of confidence. Must be capable of working independently and as part of a team with a high level of customer service.