Downtown Los Angeles
Excellent Opportunity that offers Great salary and Benefits.
My Client has established a reputation for excellence. They are a growing and stable vertically integrated, privately owned, real estate investment, development and management organization.
The Property Accountant is responsible for the complete accounting function including month-end close, preparation of account analyses, and assisting management with special projects.
• Tenant billings and cash receipts.
• Provide accounts receivable analysis to Property Management for timely collection.
• Assist with preparation of tenant operating and real estate tax escalations, including annual true-ups.
• Process accounts payable and provide accounts payable analysis to Property management. Work with
vendors to resolve billing issues. Monitor chain of approval in AVID for time sensitive invoices to avoid late
• Month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing.
• Perform quarterly rent roll and general ledger reconciliation.
• Maintain job cost on capital expenditures and tenant improvements. Calculate and accrue Construction
Management fees and process payments in a timely manner.
• Analyze monthly financial statements and investigate actual vs. budget and trend variances.
• Assist with annual financial audit, tenant audit, and reconcile general ledger accounts and quarterly rent roll.
• Assist with preparation of annual and fiscal operating budgets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
• Minimum education required: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum experience required: Three to five years of related accounting experience in the commercial real
estate industry or with a REIT.
- Commercial real estate accounting background with experience in CAM/tax reconciliations.
- Proficient in analyzing leases and various charges.
- Understanding of financial reporting objectives and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel with knowledge of LOOKUP formulas and pivot tables.
- Working knowledge of Yardi or equivalent real estate accounting software desirable.
- Knowledge of job cost tracking.
Please send resumes as word documents only.