Kimble Company is looking for an Oil & Gas Accountant to work out of our Dover, OH office. This position is responsible for supporting the Month End Closing Process for the company in a timely and accurate manner. The role will report to the Controller and will liaise with other accounting and administrative personnel.
Responsibilities and Key Objectives:
- Record deposits for all Red Hill activities
- Run royalty checks monthly
- General billing for rentals, house gas and industrial customers
- Reconcile subsidiary ledgers for accounts receivable and other asset accounts
- Other accounting projects as assigned
Skills and Experience
- Accounting and general ledger expertise
- Degree a plus, but not required
- Exceptional IT office product skills including Excel and Word are required
- Ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team, being able to multi task
- Attention to detail is paramount
- Ability to continually strive for system and process improvements
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills necessary
- Advanced Excel skills including experience with V look up tables and pivot tables
Prior work experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' previous related experience with accounting and general ledger in a multifaceted fast paced environment
- High School Diploma or GED required, Certificates or coursework preferred but not required
- Accounting Degree given preference
Kimble Company—based in Dover, Ohio—provides clean and safe fuel to a broad base of satisfied customers. Kimble is a major supplier of coal to users throughout Ohio. Kimble Clay and Limestone, a State of Ohio qualified aggregate supplier, operates mining sites using advanced, high production processing equipment for enhanced quality, consistency, and availability. Kimble Clay and Limestone supplies a full array of crushed limestone and clay products for commercial and retail markets. We also provide sandstone, landscaping stone, agricultural lime, mulch, topsoil, and cinders.
Kimble Company offers a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Short Term Disability with a Health Savings account that grows using pre-tax money. We offer a 401k plan with company match, 10 days’ paid Vacation and Holidays after 90 days.
Kimble Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, age, military status or genetic information.