Our client is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of novel, local therapies for the treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions, beginning with osteoarthritis.
They are inclusive, prize ingenuity, and are united by a common mission to rapidly advance transformative medicines for patients who cannot get them soon enough. Their values – focus, ingenuity, tenacity, transparency and fun – form the fabric of the organization. They are reinforced daily and serve as key dimensions in the hiring process to help us ensure that the company is a magnet for outstanding talent and a great place to work.
This is a key role that frequently interacts with external auditors and other accounting and finance professionals. We are looking for a professional who has a strong technical background and enjoys all aspects of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting and Research, and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Manage all aspects of our external SEC documents, including the 10K, 10Q, 8K and other ad hoc filings
- Coordinate the review of filings with external auditors, legal counsel, corporate communications, accounting and finance staff as well as executive management
- Lead implementation efforts and ongoing monitoring of significant new pronouncements
- Analyze and document technical accounting concepts related to the company's business transactions
- Manage the preparation and support for all areas of our external reporting process, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, Statement of Stockholders’ Equity, and Share-Based Compensation
- Assist with internal audit program
- Interact with external auditors and provide audit support
- Complete, document and communicate/present ad-hoc projects and analyses
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years related experience in a public company
- Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- CPA required
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written & Verbal)
- Possess technical expertise related to GAAP and external reporting including SEC reporting, stock based compensation accounting, revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Demonstrated recent experience in researching and preparing technical accounting memorandums for complex issues and new pronouncements
- Understanding of accounting processes, procedure and internal controls
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Ability to manage competing priorities with deadlines
- Knowledge of automated financial reporting and accounting systems, Active Disclosure a plus
- Proven ability to interact and manage external auditors
The culture is highly creative, collaborative and upbeat with a focus on results. The individual will be a team player who proactively communicates and collaborates with other stakeholders to drive results. The Accounting Specialist will demonstrate uncompromising integrity and a strong work ethic.