LINK Recruiting Group, a specialized search and placement firm, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist for a logistics company located n Downtown Denver. This direct hire opportunity is primarily responsible for compiling and maintaining accounts payable records.
SUMMARY: We're looking for a self-motivated, high performing individual with 2+ years of experience working with invoices, payment systems, journals, general ledgers, and reports. Additionally, the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures in a timely manner within established time limits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify and enter all vendor invoices for payment and check requests ?
- Code invoices to proper GL and process for payment ?
- Track expenses and process expense reports ?
- Prepare and perform check runs ?
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records ?
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions ?
- Audit freight bills against freight manifests ?
- Answer (Correspond with) all vendor (s) regarding inquiries and maintain vendor ?relationships ?
- Analyze vendor accounts and negotiate extended terms with vendors when appropriate ?
- Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues ?
- Generate all accounts payable reports and maintain all accounts payable files ?
- Maintain of W-9 and determine 1099 status for Independent Contractors ?
- Prepare analysis of accounts, as required ?
- Assist in month-end close ?
- Assist with accounts receivable, accounting department and special projects ??
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent ?
- 6 months - 3 years of relevant experience ?
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) ? ?
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines ?
- Confidentiality ?
- Willingness to roll up the sleeves and dig in directly to issues ?
- Demonstrate commitment to both customer service and quality ?
- Great interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) ?
- High attention to detail and accuracy in work ?
- Set priorities, be self-disciplined and consistent ?
- Problem solve involving several concrete variables in standardized situations ?
- Exhibit sound decision making skills and judgment ?
- Mathematically calculate figures and amounts ?
- Work well in group setting ?
- Adapt quickly to innovation and change ?
- Must be dependable and professional ?
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Compensated based upon experience (minimum $40k) ?
LINK Recruiting Group is a specialized search and placement firm dedicated to cultivating long-term relationships with Accounting, Finance and Administrative professionals in multiple industries. At LINK Recruiting Group we recognize the unique dynamic in matching a candidate to a company. We devote our time to identifying our client's needs and matching them with our candidate's goals. With over 20 years of recruiting experience, we know what works: gathering the facts, managing the process and delivering results.