Attention Controllers in transition!! Exciting, entrepreneurial opportunity for an explosively growing North Broward based firm looking to bring on board a sharp, hands-on Controller to lead their accounting department on a project/temporary basis. Roll up your sleeves type role with lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Great opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you can contribute to the day to day decision making. Must be available to start immediately!
- Oversee the activities of the corporate accounting department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits and annual budgets.
- Oversee the activities of the disbursement department, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable, purchase orders, petty cash, core employee expense reports, cash control, core payroll processing and total corporate payroll tax compliance.
- Oversee the activities of the accounts receivable department to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including billings, cash receipts application, etc.; funding service management, which includes weekly funding reports and customer service; quarter and year-end payroll closing including federal and state reports; and check statistic management.
- Assure corporate income tax compliance to assure the accurate and timely completion of all corporate income tax returns taking full advantage of all favorable tax codes.
- Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company's value
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification a plus