This position will be the key right-hand person to the CFO of a multi-divisional and multi-location manufacturer. Strong communications skills are a must!
- Accountable for all Financial Planning activities, with a strong emphasis on the P&L and select Balance Sheet items. The planning cycle includes; Annual Plan, Quarterly forecast, and monthly current view. The planning process involves a matrix of product segments and manufacturing plants.
- Rigorously profile the actual financial and operational performance of the business, including the relevant portions of EBITDA performance. These include key performance measurements of Sales mix, sales price, material purchase costs, labor productivity, variable and fixed cost overhead spending and relevant SG&A. Strong focus on non-financial metrics/indicators such as headcount, safety, on-time delivery, quality, etc.
- Prepare and actively participate in monthly business reviews including forward guidance.
- Work closely with Business Leaders and their staffs to develop/execute key projects and initiatives. Provide management insight and analysis to new product development projects, cost reduction initiatives and specific operations initiatives.
- Responsible for assessing all significant processes, outside of operation processes handled by Cost Accounting. This includes quoting, product segment reporting, price change requests (PCR), etc.
- The individual will be responsible for all Management and Internal Control responsibilities and coordination with Headquarters for any SoX processes.
- Assist and work closely with Senior Leaders on go-forward Strategic product roadmap planning, Annual Operating Plan, and develop critical go-forward business case reinvestment proposals (CER’s). Driving ownership, accountability and responsibility.
- Responsible for financial closing, preparation of relevant journal entries and analyze accounts.
- Present monthly financial results and operational metrics to the local Leadership Team and to CFO for business reviews.
- Update and present, as necessary, the relevant performance metrics for Safety, Quality, Customer, and Productivity.
- Support and assist outside auditors for reporting requirements such as audit schedules, tax schedules, and others.
- Coordinate with and be a focal point for Shared Services at Headquarters (A/R and A/P) for process improvements.
- Work on special projects as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Individual must have experience in multi-site manufacturing environment, serving regional and national markets, with experience in highly modified, specification and make–to-order products.
- Experience in driving change and working in a fast-paced, dynamic and empowered environment.
- Continuous improvement mindset and strong desire to make a difference.
- 7+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Degree in Accounting/Finance is required. MBA is a plus.
- Ability to think critically about the business, alert, analytical, possess broad business orientation. Exhibit strong curiosity about the business model.
- Possess above average communication skills. The candidate will be a visible and vocal member of the management team. Collaborate with and maturely challenge various key stakeholders.
- Strong collaborative skills and ability to sell ideas.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Highly skilled at working with ERP Systems. Experience with Epicor is a plus.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Call Mike or Pete
"Michiana's Most Connected Recruiters"