• Facilitate financial close procedures including preparing general journal entries, account reconciliations, and search for accruals;
• Assist with fixed asset accounting
• Complete monthly bank reconciliations
• Assist in documentation, testing and monitoring of internal controls for Sarbanes Oxley compliance;
• Assist with International ledgers and intercompany transactions.
• Perform other related duties and assist with special projects as assigned.
60% Prepare and record monthly journal entries
20% Assist with quarterly financial and SOX audits
15% Support Intl ledgers and intercompany transactions
5% Support Finance team with special projects
• Self-motivated, detailed oriented and ability to work in a dynamic, high growth environment
• Proficient computer operation skills including accounting systems and excel spreadsheets
• BS/BA in Accounting;
• Minimum 2 years of related experience, preferably Public Accounting and/or Pharma/biotech experience
• CPA required
• Demonstrated knowledge of financial statements and GAAP
WHO WE ARE:
Transforming Patient’s Lives. Spark Therapeutics is a pioneering gene therapy leader transforming the lives of patients suffering from debilitating genetic diseases by developing one-time, life-altering treatments. We are embarking on our goal to deliver the first approved gene therapy product in the US for genetic blinding conditions and have a product pipeline addressing other unmet rare genetic diseases. We have an entrepreneurial culture and are looking for talented and passionate professionals who are committed and motivated to making a difference in the lives of our patients. If you share our passion for excellence and are looking for a dynamic work environment that fosters creativity, scientific innovation and team collaboration, you may be a great fit for our team.