Our client is the world's largest supplier of GSE (Ground Support Equipment) and airport-related equipment replacement parts with operations in The United States, Canada, Chile, France, Hong Kong, Singapore, Macau, Peru, South Africa, The Netherlands, and The United Kingdom. The company supplies replacement parts and accessories for all types and brands of GSE. They provide supply chain management, on site supply services, single source supply, logistics solutions, engineering solutions and other cost reduction programs.
Summary of the Position:
Senior Accountant will support the Finance Department by performing all functions with the Accounting Department.
MUST BE BILINGUAL (SPANISH AND ENGLISH)
This position will also be preparing various financial statements, account analysis and reconciliations and discrepancies (actual vs budget), managing external audits, filing appropriate tax returns, preparing bank reconciliations and assisting management with the day–to day operation of the Finance Department.
Below is a detailed list which includes, but is not limited to, the basic job responsibilities, specifications and qualifications.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Research- you will be tasked with audits and uncovering actual vs budget and to find solutions to any discrepancies.
2. Month End Reporting - Oversee all month end closing tasks including but not limited to closing journal entries and account analyses. Financial statement preparation and review month end variances against budget for multiple companies. Analyze all balance sheet, profit and loss statements for all entities. Prepare account reconciliations.
3. Budget Review –Support the development of the yearly budget and review actual financials against budget.
4. Audit – Provide all information requested for audits.
5. Tax – File monthly sales tax returns, Canadian PST/GST returns, VAT returns and information as requested by outside accountants.
6. Development – Assist with day–to-day operation of the Finance department.
7. Issue – Monthly branch profit and loss statements.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies, filling cabinets.
This position will require the employee to be stationary for long periods of time. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is constantly operating a computer and other office productivity machinery. Employees will be required to communicate with co-workers and vendors frequently by phone or in person and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 10lbs.
Education and Qualifications:
MUST BE BILINGUAL (SPANISH AND ENGLISH) AND HAVE EXPERIENCE IN MANUFACTURING, DISTRIBUTION OR RETAIL.
? Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
? CPA certification preferred
? Five to Seven years’ experience in Accounting
? 2 plus years in Public Accounting experience preferred
? Two plus years in Private Accounting experience preferred
? Experience with multi locations and company’s a plus
? Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
? Self-starter who is result driven that can meet deadlines
? Prior banking relationships a plus
? International (IRFS) experience a plus
? Highly organized with great attention detail
? Ability to thrive in fast paced work environment
? Proven interpersonal skills, professional demeanor
? Strong knowledge of Excel