The Senior Auditor conducts audits on finances and systems, such as information system integrity and transaction accuracy. When discrepancies arise, he/she will document them and report them as a first step towards finding an issue's root cause. He/she will also execute internal audits of established business practices and create formal reports for relevant senior parties. By being analytical on our internal and external processes, our client will continue its rapid growth as they mitigate inefficiencies and problem areas.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Our client provides growth and opportunity and gives employees flexibility in how they get the job done. Their goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Conducts internal financial, operations, and/or system audits and risk assessments.
- May test and document financial and computer system records for information system integrity and transaction accuracy; reports discrepancies.
- Prepares audit plans and understands the specific issues to be evaluated.
- Executes internal audits within established business process controls.
- Develops formal written reports to communicate audit results to management and regulatory compliance agencies, if applicable, and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- May facilitate work of external auditors during on-site visits.
- May require audit knowledge and skills in finance/accounting and/or information system operations.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, he/she resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- There is NO SOX testing in this role.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or equivalent work experience.
- While not required, previous experience with regulatory compliance audits and/or regulations like FFIEC or AML or BSA or OFAC is a big plus!
- CPA or CIA required.
- Someone who can be instrumental in being able to identify risks and controls and then helping design tests for those controls. Very little of the work in the Audit team is repeated from one year to the next- you'll be working on lots of different projects so need someone who can write leading practices and make value added recommendations.
- Someone who has the ability to drive change through the business and has the interpersonal skills to work with senior leadership to make those changes happen.
- Someone with strong project management skills.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.