Janfay Corporate Recruiting is a boutique recruiting and staffing firm specializing in the placement of Accounting, Finance and Cyber Security Professionals.
One of Greater Cincinnati's largest companies is experiencing continued growth and expanding globally. An industry leader is adding people with ambition, optimism and courage. This reputable organization provides growth and opportunities giving employees flexibility in how they get the job done.
Currently seeking a self-motivated External Reporting Manager with current in-depth knowledge of SEC Reporting and/or public client experience to assist with the preparation of SEC filings, press releases, Board presentations, and other reporting/analytical needs of the organization. Lead a team of high performing former Big Four professionals in a cutting-edge setting.
External Reporting (SEC):
- Prepare financial statements and related information (e.g. MD&A) to be included in 10-Ks and 10-Qs.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of all new standards and guidance promulgated by the SEC, FASB, and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Proactively assist business partners with application of accounting standards to new transactions.
- Issue all required external reports timely and in full compliance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external sources where necessary (External Auditors, Treasury, Accounting Firms, Attorneys, SEC staff, etc.).
- Provide investor relations support as necessary.
- Maintain accounting policies and perform accounting research on new issues and transactions.
- Manage accounting for share-based compensation transactions.
- Coordinate annual goodwill impairment test.
- Perform calculation of earnings per share.
- Assist with financial due diligence for acquisitions and determine appropriate purchase accounting.
- Assist business partners and provide accounting for various transactions, including asset purchases, debt transactions, etc.
- Prepare pro forma financial statements, if applicable.
- Assist in preparation of reporting for debt compliance purposes.
- Review financial statements for monthly internal management reporting.
- Maintain, distribute and communicate external reporting calendar.
- Identify challenging work assignments and provide mentoring to employees.
- Ensure ongoing two-way timely and clear performance feedback to maintain healthy, proactive work relationships.
- Prepare staff for next opportunities.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with peers to ensure effective workflow and continuous improvement within the Company.
- Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth; developing the appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
HIRING PROFILE AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA required.
- 5-7 years of accounting experience in public accounting and/or SEC reporting.
- Strong background of GAAP and SEC rules Managerial/supervisory experience.
- Excellent communication, organization and follow-up skills Excellent people/relationship building skills Proficient in Windows environment, Hyperion and other related PC applications.
Email resume to January@janfaygroup.com for immediate and confidential consideration