Our world needs ideas! As one of the world's most research-intensive chemical companies, we have been developing leading solutions for numerous sectors – from construction to photovoltaics and cosmetics to rubber – for over 100 years. We have a global presence with production sites on three continents and 13,500 employees from 70 nations.
At our United States headquarters in Adrian, MI, we are searching for a General Ledger Accountant.
The General Ledger Accountant reports to the Manager of Corporate Treasury and Reporting at Wacker Chemical Corporation and is responsible for general ledger accounting, including journal entry preparation and posting, account analysis, and account reconciliations.
• Journal entry preparation and posting, account analysis and account reconciliations
• Preparation of payroll and benefit related journal entries including uploads and monthly rebills
• Post entries related to daily cash transactions and balance all cash accounts at month end
• Scan checks to Deutsche Bank for deposit
• Preparation of quarterly and annual pension schedules for actuaries and auditors according to US GAAP and IFRS
• Ensure accurate timely month-end, quarterly and year-end closings
• Set up and maintain vendor masters in SAP system. Provide notification to vendors to switch to ACH payments
• Prepare and analyze liquidity reporting for prior and future periods
• Provide detailed explanations for variances
• Prepare schedules and respond to inquiries and resolve questions with auditors
• Pension and savings plans financial reporting including annual audit support
• Assist in implementation of new procedures to enhance department • 2 years (24 months) service in your current position (except if currently in an entry level position)
• A satisfactory rating on your most recent performance evaluation
• No disciplinary or probationary status
• Acceptable overall attendance record
• Minimum qualifications for the position
• No relationship in the new position that would place the employee in a supervisory or subordinate relationship with a family member. A family member is defined as spouse, child, parent, grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, nephew, or niece, including extended families (step).
Education, Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting or Finance with 3 years experience, CPA preferred
• Familiarity with SAP preferred
• Knowledge of IFRS Accounting
• Experience in hedge accounting is a plus
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and excellent data entry skills required
• Strong analytical, interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills, and be able to multi-task under pressure
• Team player and ability to work independently
• Ability to work beyond regular schedule during month-end closings and audit periods as necessary
Be part of a family. Across all nations.
We are looking forward to your online application at www.wacker.com/careers