Location: Upper East Side
Org Unit: Finance and Grants
Exemption Status: Exempt
Under direction, assists with financial, accounting and administrative activities within the department
- Assists with the annual operating budget and associated policies and guidelines. Gathers industry or peer data for comparison and best practices.
- Analyzes department’s financial health. Creates financial models and recommends cost cutting measures.
- Provides guidance on budget and financial policies to ensure adherence to institutional policies and standards.
- If applicable, responsible for research financial management activities. Assists in reconciling budget to actual expense activity for all grants and contracts. Researches all financial discrepancies; contacts appropriate personnel to resolve issues.
- If applicable, responsible for Master Service Agreement (MSA) billing. Reconciles payments with partner institutions and rectifies any errors. Updates processes and forms to match new agreements.
- If applicable, responsible for gift donation activities.
- If applicable, prepares report of faculty earning $500,000 or more in total compensation. Calculates faculty compensation payout to determine supplemental accruals.
- May be responsible for payroll activities.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory audits/inspections and/or internal reviews. Develops and recommends corrective action plans to address deficiencies identified. May serve as liaison to audit team(s) during on-site visits.
- Responsible for procurement activities related to goods, services, and/or equipment and for disbursement/reimbursement activities as needed.
Bachelor's Degree in related field
Approximately 2 years of finance related experience, preferably within an academic medical center
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Previous experience in fund accounting/financial planning.
- Experience with database software or an enterprise resource planning system, SAP preferably, is highly desired.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work; Position may require the need to work overtime to meet deadlines
To apply, please visit: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareerpvt?jobId=24905&company=C0000274692P&username=&st=8E0170AECBA6F5F87FF95D723EEB4D599EA7881B
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that's committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side's scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine's powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey. Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients - the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled employer.