Due to an imminent retirement, this growing and diversifying financial services company is looking for their next executive in the tax department. This highly strategic and visible role reports directly to the VP of Accounting and will be responsible for all tax planning and analysis. The position manages a staff of two tax professionals.
This position will manage the Corporate Income Tax Department and will develop and implement the Company’s long-term tax planning strategies; will review and manage the volume of tax compliance and financial reporting matters resulting from the sustained increase in business activity; and will advise the Company’s management on the tax consequences of transactions, and will ensure appropriate technologies are used to streamline and make the tax process efficient.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Maintain a focus on tax planning strategies across the business
• Supervise preparation and compliance of all federal and state tax returns
• Supervise preparation of, and review tax provision calculation
• Review quarterly tax distribution calculations
• Manage relationships with outside consultants and CPA firm
• Collaborate with external auditors on tax matters
Bachelor's Degree and a CPA. Master's degree highly preferred
Minimum of 15 years of progressive tax experience
Expertise in the financial services industry - Insurance industry high preferred
Must have experience with a variety of taxable entities including C Corp, S Corp and LLC
Must have experience providing tax advise regarding mergers and acquisitions