Director of Accounting
San Francisco, CA
Our valued client has asked us to identify an experienced Director of Accounting to take ownership of financial close process, lead and grow accounting team and take a key role in scaling the function to support rapid growth. You must have an excellent understanding of US GAAP, financial close and reporting best practices, and have the technical chops to support and/or lead the annual external audits. If joining an early stage startup with marquee backing and a lot of momentum is exciting to you, apply today.
· Perform many aspects of accounting, reporting, and compliance of a SaaS company.
· Take ownership of the monthly financial close activity planning and execution. Ensure the completion and accuracy of the financial statements according to US GAAP.
· Prepare or review all G/L, consolidations, and reconciliation records. Assist in revenue recognition accounting and reporting (ASC 606; extensive ASC 606 experience not required).
· Evaluate and continuously improve the financial accounting procedures and controls. Maintain scale-able financial operations to efficiently support the company’s growth.
· Co-lead the annual external audit. Assist with domestic and international tax compliance.
· Develop and motivate the accounting team.
· 10+ years of relevant experience, including 5+ years of management experience 3+ years’ experience at a “Big 4” accounting firm or a similar environment.
· CPA (Active); BA/BS degree in Accounting (or comparable Business Degree)
· Very strong background in US GAAP and International Consolidations, Foreign Currency Accounting, Impairment, Capitalization of Internally Developed Software, Equity Accounting
· Some familiarity with Revenue Recognition rules
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with experience in developing, mentoring and creating a team environment
· Ability to partner with external auditors to resolve accounting complexities prior to audit
· Problem solver, system oriented and strong analytical skills
· Excellent written, oral and communication skills to work with internal and external business partners
· Strong attention to detail, priority management and planning
· Experience with SaaS or Software company preferred
HEALTHY CATERED LUNCHES DAILY
CONVENIENT MOSCONE CENTER LOCATION
CALTRANS AND BART ACCESSIBLE