Director, Accounts Payable - Hollywood, FL
Explosively growing firm in South Broward is looking for an A/P Director to oversee and manage the A/P department across multiple states and locations as well as oversee the processing of invoices and cash management.
- Oversee and direct the process improvement and quality control of A/P functions to maximize productivity, minimize duplicate work, and ensure a quality product is delivered.
- Ensure deadlines and goals are met in a timely manner and prioritize and delegate workload as necessary. Align resources to work assignments and processes to meet business requirements. Provide leadership and direction and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems and concerns.
- Manage, oversee and/or deliver training and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government and customer regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions and deadlines.
- Serve as Liaison with G/L and A/R Senior Managers to ensure the three areas are working effectively and efficiently and provide feedback to Senior Managers by identifying areas of improvement.
- Develop tools to measure the quality and timeliness of products and analyze the results.
- Oversee and manage the department’s system and technology
- Interview, select, recommend, hire, and train assigned staff.
- Provide direction to staff and assist in the investigation and resolution of internal and external problems.
- Recommend personnel actions, promotions, transfers, terminations, or disciplinary measures.
- Manage the Performance Evaluation process of assigned division and provide leadership, counseling and coaching to employees. Maintain harmonious employee/employer relations.
- Serve as Liaison between internal and external clients to understand their requirements and goals and to provide mutually beneficial solutions.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business or related field from an accredited college or university
5+ years of related experience
Must have extensive experience overseeing a large number of employees in a fast paced, high volume environment