The position will oversee the daily manufacturing performance at one of manufacturing operations. The person will be responsible for researching issues, preparing a monthly dashboard to review the performance to date, and to update forecast. They will also be responsible for setting the budget for the plant and preparing updates on variances to both forecast and budget.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Analyzes and explains variances between forecasts, budget, and actual results.
· Provides general accounting and reporting support for a domestic manufacturing plant.
· Communicates clearly with the finance and operations team on the plant’s performance.
· Prepares month-end analyses for close meeting.
· Demonstrates understanding of source documentation, research variances, and propose corrections.
· Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, by carefully weighing pros and cons and acting in accordance with GAAP.
· Works with cross functional teams to set budget and update forecasts for their business area on a monthly basis.
· Leverages customer knowledge to develop alternative solutions and shares key learning's with others.
· Participate in various teams’ related activities to ensure proper SOX controls and compliance with Company policies.
· Setting Annual Manufacturing Standard Costs along with analysis of these items.
· Inventory Reporting Metrics and other KPI’s.
· Capital Investment Analysis.
· Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
· BS/BA Finance or Accounting
· Experience with SAP a plus
· CPA, MBA, or MACC preferred
· Minimum of 1 years job related experience
· Working knowledge of finance and accounting concepts
· Ability to travel up to 25%
· Knowledge and Skills:
· Cost Accounting experience preferred (preferably in manufacturing)
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel – including vlook ups, pivot tables, etc.)
· Ability to analyze, organize and explain large volumes of data