Green Bay Packaging Inc. is seeking a Cost Accountant for our Arkansas Kraft Division located in Morrilton, AR (50 miles northwest of Little Rock, AR).
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is a privately owned, diversified packaging and paper manufacturer. Founded in 1933, this Green Bay, WI based paper company has over 3,600 employees and 34 manufacturing locations located in 14 states. Green Bay Packaging is dedicated to innovative development of its products and forestry resources, with a focus on quality, sustainability and continuous improvement.
Green Bay Packaging's Arkansas Kraft Division is a fully-integrated pulp and paperboard mill. Being fully integrated means we utilize a large percentage of recycled materials to produce Kraft linerboard and medium. By recycling fiber in various forms, we are able to conserve substantial landfill acres annually. Average daily production of unbleached Kraft linerboard and medium is between 1,100 and 1,250 tons. Our staff of educated, experienced and highly skilled employees is dedicated to producing only the highest quality paperboard in the industry.
- A two paper machine, fully integrated facility with pulp/power/and recycled fiber capacity.
- Linerboard and corrugating medium production capability in basis weights from 26#/MSF to 69# /MSF
- Quality is part of the development and production process all along the line. Our ISO 9001:2008 certification underscores our commitment to continuous improvement.
- Green Bay Packaging was founded on the idea of finding innovative solutions to meet specific customer needs. Over the years, those needs have changed. What hasn't changed is our commitment. Our focus is on channeling all of our advanced, affordable packaging solutions available to exceed expectations for performance, customer service, and quality.
Reporting to the Controller for the Arkansas Kraft Division, the Cost Accountant will assist in the development and reporting of relevant financial information to all levels within the company. The ultimate goal will be to identify areas, which through increased visibility, can be improved to enhance performance. The primary focus of the cost accountant will be to provide useful, accurate, and timely financial information. The cost accountant will work with various functional areas and management to understand their processes and help them determine and provide the information they require. This information will aid in the creation of metrics / reports for effective decision-making and process and people management.
The cost accountant will also work in some financial accounting functions as well as some internal auditing functions. The cost accountant will work closely with the area production and maintenance managers and superintendents to help them achieve their overall objectives. Strong financial skills and clear communication of Arkansas Kraft’s strategy and tactical objectives will provide a solid foundation to ensure accountability and understanding by employees at every level. Some supervisory experience would be helpful.
- An undergraduate degree in Accountancy and prefer five years of experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting.
- A mix of financial and cost accounting experience is preferred.
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Paper industry experience is a plus.
- Experience in development of budgets and operational financial metrics including variance analysis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication proficiency.
In addition to a full complement of financial skills, including the ability to work together in teams, the cost accountant must possess excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with inventory / maintenance / procurement software would also be beneficial.
- Helpful to have experience manipulating large databases.
- Manufacturing ERP system experience is required.
- Excellent presentation skills.
In addition to a competitive salary, the selected candidate will enjoy a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, prescription drug, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and company matching 401(k).
Green Bay Packaging was founded on the idea of finding innovative solutions to meet specific customer needs. Over the years, those needs have changed. What hasn't changed is our commitment. Our focus is on channeling all of our advanced, affordable packaging solutions available to exceed expectations for performance, customer service, and quality.
If you are interested in pursuing this exceptional career opportunity with a stable, solid company, please submit a resume to:
Green Bay Packaging Inc.
Attn: Heather Drilling
Green Bay Packaging Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the tremendous volume of responses, we will be unable to personally acknowledge receipt of each resume. We will contact candidates directly if there is further interest. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.