Title: Budget Analyst
Department: Budgeting and Planning
Direct Report: Director of Budget and Financial Analysis
FLSA Status: Exempt
The purpose of this position is to support the development and implementation of the Annual Budgeting process, provide insight and analysis for financial forecasts and provide analytical support and insight into various projects. The positon will support the University wide budgeting and forecasting processes with a focus on the support of the Academic Affairs department. The Budget Analyst reports directly to the Director of Budget and Financial Analysis but also has a dotted line relationship with the Provost, acting as the primary financial resource for Academic Affairs by overseeing all financial aspects of the Academic Affairs Division.
Duties and responsibilities
• Support the development and execution of the University's Annual Budget and various forecasts
• Oversee all budgets (payroll, operating, capital, restricted and endowed) and finances in the Academic Division
• Provide analyses, feedback and recommendations to the Provost & Academic VP
• Coordinate and link strategic planning initiatives with budgeting
• Identify funding sources for projects, including capital and non-capital expenditures
• Develop budget for new academic programs
• Manage processes related to the hiring of new faculty and staff, faculty and staff raises, capital projects, and personal computer deployment
• Develop template and provide financial data for Academic Program Reviews
• Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting, Finance or Business
• Minimum of 8 years of professional working experience
• Strong analytical, numerical, and problem-solving skills
• Well-developed verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Ability to deal with people in an effective and tactful manner
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion, especially with regard to sensitive or confidential matters
• Ability to prioritize work under the pressure of competing projects or tasks
• Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
• Higher-education finance experience
• Experience in planning, forecasting, and analysis
Normal working hours and conditions
University core business hours are generally 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. However this position will require work to be performed outside of normal business hours based on department operations.
Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; to travel to other office locations and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
About John Carroll University
John Carroll University is a private, coeducational, Jesuit Catholic university founded in 1886 and dedicated to developing women and men with the knowledge and character to lead and to serve. The University is located in University Heights, Ohio, an attractive residential suburb 10 miles east of downtown Cleveland(metro. area pop. 1.38 million). Academically, the University consists of theCollege of Arts and Sciences and the Boler School of Business, which both include graduate programs. Degree programs are offered in nearly 60 major fields in the arts, social sciences, natural sciences, and business at the undergraduate level, and in select areas at the master's level.
The University enrolls approximately 3,000 undergraduate students and 700 graduate students and has a student-to-faculty ratio of 14:1. John Carroll University is one of 28 Jesuit universities in the United States and has been listed in U.S. News & World Reportmagazine's top 10 rankings of Midwest regional universities for more than 20 consecutive years.
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://jcu.peopleadmin.com/postings/1231
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency