Performs a strategic assessment and management function within Internal Audit. Responsible for assigned area's maintaining a collaborative and consultative relationship with customers.
Manages the planning, scheduling and supervision of assigned audit projects and staff in accordance with the audit plan, project budgets, and milestones.
- Conducts audits, reviews and advisory services that are risk based and include consideration of program-wide integrated audit plans, and KP strategy.
- Reviews and approves risk assessments, develops audit plan programs, reviews work papers, and approves/prepares reports. Adheres to professional and IAS standards.
- Hires, develops, and manages an effective and diverse workforce. Supports coordination of the assigned practice area team.
- Contributes to practice area development based on risk assessment activities, client interactions, and practice area knowledge. Participates in the on-going risk assessment process. Serves as an advisory resource to IAS staff for practice area subject matter. Develops and builds client relationships with the practice area. Coordinates with other audit and compliance functions to maximize efficiency and coverage of key risk areas.
Works with other members of the management team to identify and contribute to continuous improvement efforts.
- Maintains detailed current knowledge of operating department structure, personnel and activities in designated core competency area(s) of expertise. Maintains and updates risk assessment database.
- Prepares and conducts technical training for IAS staff in designated core competency area(s) of expertise.
- Minimum seven (7) years of auditing or comparable experience required.
- Minimum five (5) general accounting, financial, and business skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience, knowledge, and skills in the principles and practices of internal auditing in accounting, financial and operational environments, including auditing business functions and information technology systems.
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or information systems or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Increasing levels of internal audit and project management experience.
- Experience introducing new ways of thinking and encouraging innovation.
- Broad range of experience and knowledge of designated core competency area(s).
- Demonstrated experience building and cohesive audit teams, and "mentoring" audit supervisors and staff.
- Demonstrated skills in identifying and resolving business problems within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple integrated audits.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management; especially senior management.
- Ability to persuade, articulate and defend positions.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum two (2) years of lead/supervisory experience preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) OR Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Emphasis in business, accounting, finance or information systems preferred.
Yes, 15 % of the Time
Manager with Direct Reports
Reasonable relocation will be accommodated.