Tennessee is a landlocked state in the U.S. South. Its capital, centrally located Nashville, is the heart of the country-music scene, with the long-running Grand Ole Opry, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum and a legendary stretch of honky-tonks and dance halls. Memphis, in the far southwest, is the home of Elvis Presley’s Graceland, rock-and-roll pioneering Sun Studio and the blues clubs of Beale StreetAn industry leader seeks an Assistant Corporate Controller
Take charge of GAAP Accounting Use your CPA and
strong GAAP and technical research skills, commensurate with a complex global public company environment.
- 10+ years of related Accounting experience
- 5+ years of experience in a Big 4 or top tier national accounting firm
- Extremely strong GAAP and technical research skills, commensurate with a complex global public company environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Knowledgeable of all of the various elements of US GAAP (including FASB, EITF, SEC etc.), and familiar with differences in other countries.
- 3+ years of experience leading teams
Client seeks a analytic strategic thinker with good business acumen who is intelligent and a strong communicator.
- Knowledgeable of developing IFRS standards.
- Well-developed facilitation skills when striving for process improvements and organizational change. An agent of change.
- Advanced negotiation and brokering skills (internally & externally) when working to achieve objectives across the organization.
- The ability to deliver guidance and provide judgment when dealing with complex issues of accounting, administration and commerce.
- Ability to perform well under pressure in an ever-changing environment Demonstrates consistency, flexibility and commitment to meet deadlines
- Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate team and others, maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization