Assistant Controller Opportunity!!
Want to join a fast-growing company in the wine business? A leader in its category? Dream of becoming Controller one day?
Then you've stopped at the right place! Continue reading!!
Here's a sampling of what you'll be responsible for:
And following is a list of experience needed:
- Oversight of all finance, accounting and reporting activities
- Lead all day-to-day finance operations
- Supervise a team of staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable
- Work closely with organizational leaders and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support operations
- Train, coach and mentor staff / Complete annual staff reviews
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day to day activities
- Assist Controller and CFO with annual budgeting process / Also with M&A activities
- Ensure company’s policies and procedures and internal controls are being properly followed and enforced
- Assists in development of internal controls to maintain a strong internal control environment
- Coordinate and prepare for annual audits with external independent auditors (including 401k audit)
- Produce daily banking information for senior management by collecting and summarizing daily cash activities
- Maintain company’s positive pay reporting to bank
- Responsible for various tax reporting requirements; form 1096/1099’s, unsecured business property statements, alcohol tax and other corporate filings
- Prepare quarterly tax distributions for shareholders and make the corresponding tax withholding payments
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
Excellent company medical benefits, competitive starting salary, 10% annual bonus, tuition reimbursement on a case-by-case need!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- CPA preferred (or extensive experience working with external auditors)
- Mix of private business sector and public accounting experience preferred
- MS Office/Advanced Excel, Navision and Dynamics AX 365
- GAAP expertise
Please submit your resume for immediate consideration and further detail if selected.