The Assistant Controller ensures that there are adequate controls in place and that all reports comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversees the accounting, policy, and process management
- Leads the monthly close process
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Payroll, Accounts Receivable, and accounting team members
- Drive process improvements
- Reconciles monthly and reviews all accounts within the G/L
- Analyzes the internal monthly department profit and loss statements
- Researches technical accounting issues and procedures to ensure compliance
- Leads special projects
- Manages the daily Treasury needs including and foreign currency exchange transactions.
- Serves as a liaison for annual audits
- Supports the annual budgeting process
- 401K related matters plan administration and audit while assisting employees on all 401K matters
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
CPA or MBA required.
- 8+ years of experience in finance or accounting experience with a strong understanding of GAAP and accounting standards
- Experience with management, budgeting, audit, consolidations, and financial modeling
- Must have strong accounting and analytical skills, and technical ability in financial information systems
- Microsoft Office, specifically Excel knowledge
- ERP experience