General Position Summary:
May assist the Controller in all areas of responsibly, including preparation of monthly financial reports, analysis of financial results, development of product cost standards, preparation of budgets and forecasts, analysis of capital projects, development of procedures, documentation of systems and other areas as specified by the Controller.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Development, implementation, documentation and monitoring of cost accounting standards and systems.
* Periodic analysis of inventory to assure accuracy of quantity and valuation.
* Analysis of profitability by product line and customer.
* Provide cost/benefit analysis of capital projects.
* Assist Controller in development of budgets and forecasts.
* Assist in preparation of audit package and external reports.
* Provide backup during the absence of the Controller or Accounting Manager.
* Cost accounting and standards development experience
* Physical inventory experience
* Budget development experience
* Proficiency in Excel and MS Word
Four year college/university degree and three years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
English is required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, document business procedures and write business correspondence. The ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Effective performance requires the establishment of good working relationships and clear communication with internal departments and external service providers.
Supervision of Cost Analyst.
General office environment: Position comes into contact with non-hazardous, inert graphite and dust.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit at computer while using calculator and computer keyboard; manual dexterity is required. The employee is frequently required to communicate verbally in English. Occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift up to 15 pounds.