Our client is a large division of a publicly held global heavy manufacturer. This is one of the largest divisions of the company. They currently are looking for a key professional for an Assistant Controller. The person would report to the VP Finance for the division and be responsible for the financial reporting with US GAAP and internal controls (SOX) which includes inventory, budgeting and special projects. To qualify for this position, you need a BS in Accounting, MBA would be a plus, CPA would be preferred. Public accounting or manufacturing experience is strongly preferred or a combination of the two. The position would require approximately 25% travel which would be to NC. The company is growing and expanding. The company would prefer local candidates for this opportunity. It is an excellent opportunity for someone out of public accounting. Candidates must be US citizens or permanent residents, NO SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE! The company is anxious to hire. They offer an attractive compensation package.
1. Responsible for working with the manufacturing facility personnel to ensure proper operating and administrative best practices are followed which will be ensured through consistent travel to our manufacturing facilities.
2. Assist in compilation of financial statements on a timely and accurate basis.
3. Responsible for analysis of general ledger to ensure integrity and accuracy of all account balances, including reconciliations.
4. Responsible for understanding financial-related business systems of the Company, including related internal controls and best practices.
5. Maintain internal accounting/inventory/business software.
6. Assist in preparation of the annual budgeting process.
7. Ensure integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting systems.
8. Maintain accounting practices and procedures consistent with corporate directives.
9. Perform other duties and projects as assigned/needed by management.
1. Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA or MBA a plus.
2. Minimum combined 3 year's experience in public accounting, mid-sized manufacturing or commercial controllership.
3. Experience that demonstrates direct financial responsibility and oversight over an entity with multiple locations and operational functions.
4. Ability to effectively manage financial projects and assignments.
5. Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and negotiation skills.
6. Willingness and ability to travel to company facilities-approximately 25%.
7. Ability to interface effectively with all levels of company personnel.
8. Ability to proactively fix the problem or implement a solution when Company resources are used or spent unwisely.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience:accounting: 3 years