Stabilis Professional Services, Inc. (a recruiting division of Core Resource Group) is looking for an Actuarial Associate for their client in New Haven, CT. This is a full time position.
Job Summary: Assists with a variety of actuarial tasks including financial reporting (quarterly and annual statements), experience studies (i.e., mortality, lapse, etc.), product development, policy illustrations and various policy values calculations (i.e., cash values, reserves, dividends and premiums). This position is subject to the provisions outlined in the Actuarial Student Program Manual for employees in an Exam-Track position. This position is expected to take a more proactive leadership role in projects than the Actuarial Assistant position.
- Develops premium, dividend scales, reserves and non-forfeiture values for new and existing plans of insurance.
- Performs actuarial research, audits, experience studies, statistical analysis and calculations. Provides support to policyholders, including answering questions and relaying information. Directs or provides manual calculation support to the administrative system.
- Assists in preparing the actuarial portions of the financial statements and compiles, evaluates and certifies statistical data.
- Develops procedures and solutions to address new situations, often working with other departments within the company.
- Uses modeling software to assess risk and provide management information in support of product development, valuation, and ALM efforts.
- Creates and maintains regulatory compliance documents.
- IF ON EXAM TRACK: prepares and sits for actuarial exams. Passes exams to meet minimum Program requirements for exam progress.
- Life Insurance Product Development.
- Whole Life Insurance experience (a plus).
- Knowledge of Life Insurance and Regulations (Par Whole Life product experience preferred; Annuities, LTC, Disability Income experience (a plus).
- Actuarial modeling and Excel proficiency (GGY Axis preferred, VBA a plus).
Education: BA or BS degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or Actuarial Science.
Experience: 4-8 years of related responsible actuarial and insurance industry experience or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Licensing/Certification: Associate of the Society of Actuaries designation (ASA credentials); working toward FSA if on exam track. Will consider FSA if candidate has.