Rapidly expanding franchisee of leading national brand name specialty retail stores seeks to hire a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, energetic, detail oriented, quick learner for our growing team. This individual will work directly under the Controller, exposed to all of our end-to-end accounting and finance processes and functions, while also having an opportunity to interact with our business operations and senior management. This person should also have the ability to act as an agent of change, identifying and enabling accounting improvements, while still satisfying the day to day needs of the business.
Position Purpose Summary:
Oversees completion of accounting tasks such as creating and clearing entries to accounts, balancing, reconciliation, researching and resolving discrepancies and maintaining accounting systems and records; ensuring that internal and external accounting principles and policies are followed. Answers inquiries and resolves routine problems identified by staff and/or other departments. May prepare routine financial analyses or reports as required.
- Understands the company’s vision, mission, and strategy; understands business unit objectives and sets/accomplishes individual performance goals accordingly.
- Ensures timely and accurate processing of payments to suppliers and employees. Defines and monitors key accounts payable performance indicators. Depending upon functional group, may perform some or all of the responsibilities listed below:
- Performs ad hoc analysis on accounts and generates reports.
- Ensures excellent customer service is delivered to internal customers and suppliers.
- Participates in the development, testing, and implementation of accounting systems and process enhancements. Works with various groups and functions to facilitate continuous process improvement and automation of processes.
- Leads team; selects/hires; develops objectives; coaches and evaluates performance. Ensures direct reports obtain applicable training and development opportunities to enhance performance, development, and contributions to the company. Holds direct reports accountable for individual and team performance. Addresses performance issues appropriately and timely.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited US university
· 4+ years of general accounting experience (multi-unit retail or food service preferred)
· 2+ years of supervisory and leadership skills (2+ staff)
· Good comprehension of Accounting and US GAAP concepts and principles
· Good MS Excel skills (QuickBooks Enterprise experience a plus)
· Ability to manage the quick and accurate execution of volume transactions
· Good analytical skills and attention to detail
· Agent of change, identifying and enabling accounting improvements
· Team-oriented; ability to work in a cross-functionally environment.
· Proficiency in oral and written communication
· Willing to take on new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.