This Accounting Manager will play an important role on the Accounting & Finance team and will be hands-on in day to day accounting operations. The Accounting Manager will report to the Controller and will be responsible for accounting activities to ensure compliance with GAAP and corporate policies. This role will also be responsible for improving internal controls, accounting processes and tools to ensure efficient operations.
In this role you will:
• Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and financial reporting systems to ensure their integrity and compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements;
• Coordinate and improve monthly financial close process and output;
• Provide technical accounting guidance to the finance team;
• Actively participate in the integration of systems and continued development of processes and internal controls;
• Play a key role in cash and treasury measurement;
• Work with external auditors and prepare and review audit workpapers as requested;
• Prepare annual financial statements;
• Support CFO and Controller with special, ad-hoc projects as requested.
You are a collaborative, intellectually quick self-starter who is energized in building high quality accounting controls and procedures within a fast growing company. Your pro-active and organizational skills enable you to meet critical deadlines.
Other qualifications include:
• 4-7 years’ professional experience with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting;
• CPA preferred;
• Mix of public/private accounting experience preferred or straight public with tech exposure
• Strong technical accounting skills, including thorough knowledge of financial reporting in accordance with GAAP and a commitment to remain current on accounting standards and developments;
• Experience with NetSuite’s cloud-based ERP system preferred;
• Understanding of tax requirements and planning;
• Excellent communicator with the ability to translate accounting into plain business language and strip out the complexity;
• Ability to build solid relationships and establish credibility across all levels of the organization – must be a team player;
• A proven performer who is motivated, focused, passionate, and inspires confidence in employees and senior management.