Accounting Manager at Operational Management Consulting Firm
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager addresses deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, tax reporting, expense reporting review, variance analysis, payroll, A/R and A/P and the support of budget and forecast activities. The Accounting Manager will have contact with senior-level executives of the firm which requires strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA required
- Five to seven years prior experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area.
- Experience working in a professional services firm is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a creative and dynamic professional environment.
- Experience with automated integrated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to explain accounting and finance issues to non-accountants.
- Well-developed judgement and problem-solving skills
- Collaborative work approach and positive attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills required.
- Must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
Our Operational Management Consulting Firm stands out as one of the fastest growing in the industry serving clients in the private equity, industrial, consumer and business service sectors. We help clients improve performance, transform the enterprise, reduce costs, and stimulate growth. Our professionals employ their expertise in operations, strategy, supply chain and innovation to provide our clients with specialized analyses and customized solutions that deliver results. We foster creativity, new ideas and fresh perspective. We are a young company that is passionate about growth of the firm, and growth of the individual. We are a company that embraces continuous learning, rewards hard work and seeks out individuals that want to make a difference.Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.